Frequently asked questions
1. Why was the name Covenant Christian Academy chosen?
To effectively market the school to Christian families, we chose the name Covenant because it is Biblical, widely recognized and represents the special relationship God has established with His people through Jesus, His Son, and our redeemer. The word “Christian” was chosen because we are thoroughly Christian in all that we do. The word “academy” was chosen rather than the word “school” to provide emphasis that this is an educational institution striving for academic quality to the Glory of our God.
2. Is the Academy accredited?
Yes. CCA is fully accredited by the following:
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- American Association of Christian Schools
- North American Christian School Accrediting Agency
- National Council for Private School Accreditation
- AdvancEd including North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, the Northwest Accreditation Commission and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement.
These accreditations are recognized by the Georgia Private School Accreditation Council, the Georgia Department of Education, the Board of Regents, and the Georgia Student Finance Commission. This status means that our graduates are eligible for the Hope Scholarship.
CCA has obtained accreditation at the state, regional, national, North American, and international level allowing our students to be recognized globally by virtually any college/university.
3. Who teaches at Covenant Christian Academy?
Hiring is done from a pool of applicants who are members of Bible-believing churches. Every teacher hired will sign a statement of faith and agree to teach the doctrines of our Faith.
4. What is the financial cost to be a student at Covenant?
Please view our current tuition rates HERE.
5. Will financial aid be available?
Families may apply for financial assistance by completing a3rd party application HERE.
6. Will after school care be provided?
Covenant does not offer after-care. However, after school care programs are operated by other local organizations. Students may arrange to be picked up by after-school bus services.
7. How do I contact the Academy?
Covenant Christian Academy 6905 Post Road Cumming, GA 30040.
The telephone number is 770-674-2990.
The Web Site address is www.covenantrams.org
8. What are the school’s colors and mascot?
The colors are blue, white and gold and the mascot is the Ram.
9. What can I do to help?
Covenant welcomes your support! Please remember to pray for Covenant Christian Academy. There are many opportunities to volunteer as a parent. Please contact the office to learn more about volunteer opportunities. You can give to CCA through the Donate link above, or contact our Director of Advancement, Lori Schoessler, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other meaningful ways to support CCA.
10. Are financial contributions tax deductible?
Yes, Covenant Christian Academy is a Georgia not-for-profit 501c3. Contributions are tax deductible. In addition, many companies will match your contribution. Please click on the Annual Fund link to the left to learn more!