Covenant Christian Academy was originally founded as Chalcedon Christian School in 1982 in Dunwoody, GA as a ministry of Chalcedon Presbyterian Church. In 1998, the school moved to Post Road in Forsyth County. In 2002, the school was sold to a 501 (c) (3) Georgia non profit corporation, Covenant Christian, Inc. Since 2002, the school has operated independently as Covenant Christian Academy.
In August 2004, an athletic field was added to the campus. The new field is currently being utilized for physical education classes, recesses, athletic team practices and games for our Varisty boys’ and girls’ soccer teams.
In October 2005, Covenant expanded once more with the addition of our new gymnasium. In addition to a full court for both basketball and volleyball, the facility includes athletic locker rooms, and a stage with adequate space for school wide gatherings such as concerts, dramatic productions, and graduation.
In the 2016-17 school year, CCA expanded facilities again by opening our new library, technology lab, science lab, music room, and art room. Covenant has been able to complete all campus improvements without incurring debt, and we praise God for His provision.
God continues to bless Covenant Christian Academy with growth as approximately 265 students are currently enrolled. Covenant is blessed to partner with Christian families who attend Bible-believing churches. The student body is made up of children from more than 50 churches in the metro Atlanta area.
Covenant Christian Academy is fully accredited by the Georgia Association of Christian Schools, American Association of Christian Schools, North American Christian School Accrediting Agency and the National Council for Private School Accreditation. These accreditations are recognized by the Georgia Private School Accreditation Council, the Georgia Department of Education, the Board of Regents, and the Georgia Student Finance Commission. This status means that our graduates are eligible for the Hope Scholarship.
We look forward to seeing what God has in store for the future of Covenant Christian Academy as we seek to Glorify Him!
Mission of Covenant Christian Academy
The mission of Covenant Christian Academy is to glorify God by partnering with Christian families to provide an academically excellent education that approaches every discipline from a Christ-centered, biblical worldview.
Vision of Covenant Christian Academy
The vision of Covenant Christian Academy is to be an instrument in the intellectual, physical, social, and spiritual growth of each student.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16: 2 Peter 1:21; John 10:30).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent; that is, He can do all things. He is omnipresent; that is, He is present to all creation and has under His immediate authority all things which are in Heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. He is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him, there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:35; John 2:11, 10:33, 11:25; Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9, 4:15, 7:26; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; men are justified by the shed blood of Christ; and we are saved by God’s grace through faith alone (John 3:16-21, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
8. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Job 12:10; Psalm 139; Isaiah 49:5; Jeremiah 1:5; Ephesians 2:10.).
9. We believe that every believer should strive to walk by the Spirit and engage in a lifestyle that stimulates a Christ-centered maturation in their lives as well as the lives of those around them. Christians should strive to both identify and flee from influences and practices which hinder an individual from maturing in their relationship with Christ. The Bible warns that immorality of any type, including but not limited to sexual immorality in any form, idolatry, theft, greed, and drunkenness may disqualify us from inheriting the kingdom of God. Moreover, all believers are to engage in gospel conversations, to live Christ-honoring lives, and to work continuously towards the spread of the gospel to all nations (Matthew 5:16, 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; Romans 6:1-14, 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; 2 Corinthians 5:20, 6:14-7:1; Galatians 5:16-25; Colossians 3:1-17; James 4:4; 1 John 2:15-17).