Covenant Christian Academy
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16: 2 Peter 1:21; John 10:30).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent; that is, He can do all things. He is omnipresent; that is, He is present to all creation and has under His immediate authority all things which are in Heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. He is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him, there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:35; John 2:11, 10:33, 11:25; Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9, 4:15, 7:26; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; men are justified by the shed blood of Christ; and we are saved by God’s grace through faith alone (John 3:16-21, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
8. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Job 12:10; Psalm 139; Isaiah 49:5; Jeremiah 1:5; Ephesians 2:10.).
9. We believe that every believer should strive to walk by the Spirit and engage in a lifestyle that stimulates a Christ-centered maturation in their lives as well as the lives of those around them. Christians should strive to both identify and flee from influences and practices which hinder an individual from maturing in their relationship with Christ. The Bible warns that immorality of any type, including but not limited to sexual immorality in any form, idolatry, theft, greed, and drunkenness may disqualify us from inheriting the kingdom of God. Moreover, all believers are to engage in gospel conversations, to live Christ-honoring lives, and to work continuously towards the spread of the gospel to all nations (Matthew 5:16, 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; Romans 6:1-14, 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; 2 Corinthians 5:20, 6:14-7:1; Galatians 5:16-25; Colossians 3:1-17; James 4:4; 1 John 2:15-17).